About the battery pack
To charge the battery pack
- Be sure to charge the battery pack before you start using this product.
- We recommend that you charge the battery pack in an ambient temperature range of 10 ˚C to 30 ˚C (50 °F to 86 °F) until the POWER/CHG (charge) lamp turns off. If you charge the battery pack outside of this temperature range, you may not be able to charge it efficiently.
- The POWER/CHG (charge) lamp flashes during charging under the following conditions.
- The battery pack is not inserted correctly.
- The battery pack is damaged.
The temperature of the battery pack is low.
Remove the battery pack from this product and put it in a warm place.
The temperature of the battery pack is high.
Remove the battery pack from this product and put it in a cool place.
To use the battery pack effectively
- Battery pack performance decreases when the ambient temperature is 10 ˚C (50 °F) or below, and the length of time you can use the battery pack becomes shorter. If that happens, one of the following is recommended to enable longer use of the battery pack:
- Put the battery pack in a pocket to warm it up, and install it on this product immediately before you start shooting.
- Frequent use of the LCD monitor or a frequent playback, fast forward or reverse operation wears out the battery pack faster.
- Be sure to close the LCD monitor when not recording or playing back on this product. The battery pack is also consumed when this product is in recording standby or playback pause.
- Have spare battery packs ready for 2 or 3 times the expected recording time, and make trial recordings before making the actual recording.
- Do not expose the battery pack to water. The battery pack is not water resistant.
- You may not be able to turn on this product or the battery pack may not be effectively charged if the terminal section of the battery is dirty. In this case, wipe any dust off lightly using a soft cloth or a cotton swab to clean the battery.
About the remaining battery power indicator
- When the power goes off even though the remaining battery power indicator indicates that the battery pack has enough power to operate, charge the battery pack fully again. Remaining battery power will be indicated correctly. Note, however, that the battery indication will not be restored if it is used in high temperatures for a long time, or if left in a fully charged state, or when the battery pack is frequently used.
About storage of the battery pack
- If the battery pack is not used for a long time, fully charge the battery pack and use it up on this product once a year to maintain proper function. To store the battery pack, remove it from this product and put it in a dry, cool place.
- To discharge the battery pack on this product completely, select - [Setup] - [General Settings] - [Power Save] - [Off], and leave this product in recording standby until the power goes off.
- To prevent staining the terminal, short-circuiting, etc., be sure to use a supplied battery case when carrying or storing.
About battery life
- Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated use. If the interval between charges becomes significantly short, the battery pack may need to be replaced with a new one.
- Each battery’s life depends on storage, operating and environmental conditions.