Using the Underwater Housing
By inserting the camera in the Underwater Housing, you can shoot images underwater up to a depth of 60 m (197 feet) for 30 minutes continuously.
- Slide the buckle lock in the direction of and hold it, then hold the circled parts and swing out the buckle in the direction of .
- Open the case cover.
- Insert the camera in the case body.
- Insert the tab of the case body into the slot of the case cover.
- Hook the buckle over the tab on the lower part of the case cover , then close the buckle in the direction of .
- Make sure the buckle and buckle lock are firmly locked. (If you do not lock it securely, water may leak, or the camera may fall out.)
- You cannot operate the (on/standby) button and REC/ENTER button when the REC HOLD switch is set to the lock position. Release the lock in the direction of the arrow below, before operation.
When using FDR-X3000/HDR-AS300 with the Underwater Housing supplied with HDR-AS50, detach the adaptor () from the Underwater Housing.
- When using HDR-AS50, be sure that the adaptor is attached to the Underwater Housing. If the adaptor is not attached, the images that you shoot may be affected.
- You can record audio while the camera is in the Underwater Housing, but the sound level is reduced.
- Thread a suitable cord through the leash attachment hole of the Underwater Housing, then attach the cord to an item you intend to use with the camera.