Charging the battery
- Connect the USB cable (supplied) to the USB cradle (supplied). Then, attach the Walkman to the USB cradle.
Make sure to connect the terminals ( and ).
- Connect the Walkman to a running computer via USB.
You can check the charging status with the lamp ().
While the battery is charging: orange
When charging is complete: green
- Disconnect the Walkman from the computer.
- For details on how long it takes to charge the battery fully, see [Specifications].
The computer may not recognize the Walkman in the following situations.
- When you connect the Walkman to the computer for the first time.
- When the Walkman has not been used for a long period of time.
Charge the Walkman for about 10 minutes. The Walkman may start operating normally.
If the terminals of the Walkman are wet, dry the terminals.
If the terminals of the Walkman are dirty, clean the terminals with a soft dry cloth.
You cannot operate the Walkman in the following situations.
- While the Walkman is connected to a computer.
- While the battery is charging .
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.