Using Ambient Sound Mode
- Press the button () to turn on Ambient Sound Mode.
You will hear a beeping sound. The lamp () will flash twice. Ambient Sound Mode will turn on.
To turn off Ambient Sound Mode
Press the button ().
You will hear a beeping sound. The lamp () will flash twice.
To select another Ambient Sound Mode
Press the button () to turn on Ambient Sound Mode.
Double-click the button () repeatedly to select the appropriate mode.
The loudness of ambient sounds will change accordingly. Each time you double-click the button (), you will hear the voice guidance and Ambient Sound Mode will change in the following order.
[Mode A] (soft) – [Mode B] (standard) – [Mode C] (loud) – [Mode A] (soft)...
To switch to the next mode, wait until the voice guidance ends.
- Even if you turn off the Walkman, the selected mode will be stored.
- When you talk on a smartphone, Ambient Sound Mode does not function.
- You may not hear well the ambient sound when you use Swimming Earbuds. In this case, switch to the standard-type earbuds.
- The ambient sound cannot be heard well after you use the Walkman in a pool or the ocean. Pat the parts around the buttons softly against a dry cloth about 30 times. Then, leave the Walkman on a dry cloth at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. Make sure that the Walkman is completely dry before the next use.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.