AF Illuminator (still image)
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. The red AF illuminator allows the product to focus easily when the shutter button is pressed halfway, until the focus is locked.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [AF Illuminator] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Uses the AF illuminator.
- Does not use the AF illuminator.
- You cannot use [AF Illuminator] in the following situations:
- In movie mode
- In [Sweep Panorama] mode
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF] or [Automatic AF] and the subject is moving (when the focus indicator or lights up)
- When [Scene Selection] is set to the following modes:
- [Sports Action]
- [Night Scene]
- The AF illuminator emits a very bright light. Although there is no health hazard, do not look directly into the AF illuminator at close range.