Based on the exposure value set by auto exposure, you can make the entire image brighter or darker if you adjust [Exposure Comp.] to the plus side or minus side, respectively (exposure compensation). Normally, exposure is set automatically (auto exposure).
/(Exposure Comp.) on the control wheel → press the left/right side of the control wheel or turn the control wheel, and select the desired exposure range.
- When using [Intelligent Auto] or [Superior Auto], you can display the settings screen for [Photo Creativity] by pressing /.
- You can adjust the exposure in a range of –3.0 EV to +3.0 EV.
- You can adjust the exposure in a range of –2.0 EV to +2.0 EV for movies.
- If you shoot a subject in extremely bright or dark conditions, or when you use the flash, you may not be able to get a satisfactory effect.
- When you use [Manual Exposure], you can compensate for the exposure only when [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO].