The camera focuses on the subject's eyes while you keep the button pressed.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → [Button] → assign the [Eye AF] function.
- Point the camera at a person's face, and press the (Enter) button.
- Press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button fully down to shoot an image while holding down the (Enter) button.
- When the camera focuses on the eyes, a detection frame is displayed over the eyes. The frame will disappear after a period of time.
- Depending on the circumstances, the camera may not be able to focus on the eyes. In such cases, the camera detects a face and focuses on the face.
- If the camera cannot detect a person’s face, you cannot use [Eye AF].
- Depending on the circumstances, you cannot use [Eye AF], such as when [Focus Mode] is set to [Manual Focus], etc.
- [Eye AF] may not function in the following situations:
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the front hair covers the person’s eyes.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- When the person is moving too much.
- If the person is moving too much, the detection frame may not display correctly over their eyes.
- When [Shoot Mode] is set to one of the following, or during movie shooting, you cannot use [Eye AF].
- [ Intelligent Auto]
- [ Program Auto]
- [ Manual Exposure]
- [High Frame Rate]