Allows you to select the desired image processing. You can adjust the exposure (shutter speed) as desired with [Creative Style].
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Creative Style] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- For shooting various scenes with rich gradation and beautiful colors.
- The saturation and contrast are heightened for shooting striking images of colorful scenes and subjects such as flowers, spring greenery, blue sky, or ocean views.
- The saturation and sharpness are lowered for shooting images in subdued tones. This is also suitable for capturing image material to be modified with a computer.
- For shooting images in clear tones with limpid colors in highlight, suitable for capturing radiant light.
- For shooting images with deep and dense colors, suitable for capturing the solid presence of the subject.
- For shooting images with bright and simple colors, suitable for capturing a refreshingly light ambience.
- For capturing skin in a soft tone, ideally suited for shooting portraits.
- The saturation, contrast, and sharpness are heightened for shooting vivid and crisp scenery. Distant landscapes also stand out more.
- For shooting the beautiful red of the setting sun.
- Night Scene:
- The contrast is lowered for reproducing night scenes.
- Autumn leaves:
- For shooting autumn scenes, vividly highlighting the reds and yellows of changing leaves.
- Black & White:
- For shooting images in black and white monotone.
- For shooting images in sepia monotone.
- Registering preferred settings (Style Box):
- Select the six style box (the boxes with numbers on the left side ()) to register preferred settings. Then select the desired settings using the right button.
You can call up the same style with slightly different settings.
To set [Contrast], [Saturation] and [Sharpness]
[Contrast], [Saturation], and [Sharpness] can be adjusted for each image style preset such as [Standard] and [Landscape], and for each [Style Box] to which you can register preferred settings.
Select an item to be set by pressing the right/left button, then set the value using the up/down button.
- The higher the value selected, the more the difference of light and shadow is accentuated, and the bigger the effect on the image.
- The higher the value selected, the more vivid the color. When a lower value is selected, the color of the image is restrained and subdued.
- Adjusts the sharpness. The higher the value selected, the more the contours are accentuated, and the lower the value selected, the more the contours are softened.
- [Standard] is selected when using the following functions:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Picture Effect] is set to other than [Off].
- [Picture Profile] is set to other than [Off].
- When [Creative Style] is set to [Black & White] or [Sepia], [Saturation] cannot be adjusted.