File Format (movie)
Selects the movie file format.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [File Format] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- XAVC S HD:
- Records high-definition movies in XAVC S HD. This format supports a higher bit rate.
- In order to record movies with [File Format] set to [XAVC S HD], the following kind of memory card is needed:
- microSDHC memory card (SD Speed Class10, or UHS Speed Class U1 or faster)
- microSDXC memory card (SD Speed Class10, or UHS Speed Class U1 or faster)
- Records HD movies in AVCHD format. This file format is suitable for high-definition TV.
Audio: Dolby Digital
- Records mp4 (AVC) movies. This format is suitable for playback on smartphones or tablets, web uploads, email attachments, etc.
- You can save images to a computer or copy them to a disc compatible with your playback device using the software PlayMemories Home.