Charging the battery pack while it is inserted in the camera
When using the camera for the first time, be sure to charge the battery pack. The charged battery pack will discharge little by little, even if you do not use it. To avoid missing a shooting opportunity, charge the battery pack before shooting.
- Turn the power off.
- Connect the camera with the battery pack inserted to the AC Adaptor (supplied) using the micro USB cable (supplied), and connect the AC Adaptor to the wall outlet (wall socket).
A: Charge lamp
Lit (orange): Charging
Off: Charging finished
Flashing (orange): Charging error or charging paused temporarily because the camera is not within the proper temperature range
- If the charge lamp lights up once and then immediately turns off, the battery pack is fully charged.
Charging time (Full charge)
The charging time is approximately 135 min. using the AC Adaptor (supplied).
- The charging time may differ depending on the remaining capacity of the battery pack or the charging conditions.
- The battery pack can be charged even when it is not fully depleted.
- The above charging time applies when charging a fully depleted battery pack (supplied) at a temperature of 25°C (77°F). Charging may take longer depending on the conditions of use and the environment.
- If the charge lamp flashes when the battery pack is not fully charged, remove the battery pack or disconnect the USB cable from the camera and then re-insert it to recharge.
- If the charge lamp on the camera flashes when the AC Adaptor is connected to the wall outlet (wall socket), this indicates that charging is temporarily stopped because the temperature is outside the recommended range. When the temperature gets back within the appropriate range, the charging resumes. We recommend charging the battery pack at an ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C (50ºF to 86ºF).
- Use a nearby wall outlet (wall socket) when using the AC Adaptor/Battery Charger. If any malfunction occurs, disconnect the plug from the wall outlet (wall socket) immediately to disconnect from the power source. If you use the product with a charge lamp, note that the product is not disconnected from the power source even when the lamp turns off.
- When you use a completely new battery pack or a battery pack that has not been used for a long time, the charge lamp may flash quickly when the battery is charged. If this happens, remove the battery pack or disconnect the USB cable from the camera and then re-insert it to recharge.
- Do not continuously or repeatedly charge the battery pack without using it if it is already fully charged or close to fully charged. Doing so may cause a deterioration in battery performance.
- When charging is finished, disconnect the AC Adaptor from the wall outlet (wall socket).
- Be sure to use only genuine Sony brand battery packs, micro USB cables (supplied) and AC Adaptors (supplied).