The camera focuses on the subject's eyes while you keep the button pressed.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → desired key, then assign the [Eye AF] function to the key.
- Point the camera at a person's face, and press the button to which you have assigned the [Eye AF] function.
- Press the shutter button while pressing the button.
- When the camera focuses on the eyes, a detection frame is displayed over the eyes. If the focus mode is set to [Single-shot AF], the frame will disappear after a period of time.
- If the camera cannot detect a person’s face, you cannot use [Eye AF].
- Depending on the circumstances, you cannot use [Eye AF] such as when [Focus Mode] is set to [Manual Focus].
- The [Eye AF] function may not function very well in the following situations:
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the front hair covers the person’s eyes.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- When the person is moving too much.
- If the person is moving too much, the detection frame may not display correctly over their eyes.
- When the mode dial is set to (Movie) or , or during movie recording, [Eye AF] is unavailable.