Sending images to an Android smartphone (NFC One-touch Sharing)
With just one touch, you can connect this product and an NFC-enabled Android smartphone, and send an image displayed on the product screen directly to the smartphone. You can transfer still images, XAVC S movies, and high-frame-rate movies.
- Activate the NFC function of the smartphone.
- Display a single image on the product.
- Touch the smartphone to the product.
The product and the smartphone are connected, and PlayMemories Mobile automatically launches on the smartphone, and then the displayed image is sent to the smartphone.
- Before you touch the smartphone, cancel the sleep and lock-screen functions of the smartphone.
- The NFC function is available only when the (N mark) is displayed on the product.
- Touch the smartphone to the product for 1-2 seconds until PlayMemories Mobile launches.
- To transfer two or more images, select MENU → (Network) → [Snd to Smrtphn Func] → [Send to Smartphone] to select images. After the connection enabled screen appears, use NFC to connect the product and the smartphone.
NFC is a technology that enables short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as mobile phones or IC tags, etc. NFC makes data communication simpler with just a touch on the designated touch-point.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is an international standard of short-range wireless communication technology.
- You can select an image size to be sent to the smartphone from [Original], [2M] or [VGA].
To change the image size, refer to the following steps.
- Start PlayMemories Mobile, and change the image size by [Settings] → [Copy Image Size].
- RAW images are converted to JPEG format when they are sent.
- You cannot send AVCHD format movies.
- You cannot transfer XAVC S 4K movies or the original data of XAVC S HD movies recorded in [120p]/[100p] to a smartphone. You can only transfer proxy movies.
- Depending on the smartphone, the transferred movie may not be played back correctly. For example, the movie may not play smoothly, or there may be no sound.
- If the Image Index is displayed on the product, you cannot transfer images using the NFC function.
- If you cannot make a connection, do as the following:
- Launch PlayMemories Mobile on your smartphone, and then move the smartphone slowly toward the (N mark) of this product.
- If the smartphone is in a case, remove it.
- If the product is in a case, remove it.
- Check whether the NFC function is activated on your smartphone.
- When [Airplane Mode] is set to [On], you cannot connect the product and the smartphone. Set [Airplane Mode] to [Off].