Listening to music on a PC via a network (Windows 7) (Windows Media Player)
You can use a PC as a controller (operating device).
Music stored in the PC can be played back by simple operations with the “Play To” function of Windows 7, after starting Windows Media Player. Follow the instructions on the PC screen to operate.
- Connect the home audio system and the PC to the same network.
Connect the home audio system and the PC to the same SSID of the wireless router.
The NETWORK indicator lights up in white when the home audio system is connected to your network.
- Touch the NETWORK key on the home audio system.
The home audio system enters the NETWORK function.
The home audio system can also be switched to the NETWORK function automatically instead of touching the NETWORK key, by starting Windows Media Player then playing back music using the “Play To” function.
- Start [Windows Media Player] in the PC.
- Right-click the song to be played.
- Select [Play To] from the menu.
The device list appears.
- Tap [MHC-V90DW].
- Select a song to play and adjust the volume.
The selected song will be heard from the home audio system.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone, iPhone, etc., you can use your smartphone, iPhone, etc. as a remote control to operate devices connected to the home audio system.
- The home audio system can play MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV format files (only AAC files with the extension “.m4a,” “.mp4,” or “.3gp” can be played). Even if the bit rate and file format are supported, the playback of all files is not guaranteed. There may be a specification change.
- Files with DRM (Digital Rights Management) copyright protection cannot be played on the home audio system. To check if a WMA file is protected by DRM, right-click the file on the PC. If there is a [License] tab, the file is DRM-copyrighted.
- When you listen to music via a home network, it may take some time to start, since each DLNA-compatible device has to recognize the component currently used.
- Some content may not be playable with DLNA certified products.