The camera focuses on the subject's eyes while you keep the button pressed.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Custom Key Settings] → assign the [Eye AF] function to the desired button.
- Point the camera at a person's face, and press the button to which you have assigned the [Eye AF] function.
- Press the shutter button while pressing the button.
- Depending on the circumstances, the camera may not be able to focus on the eyes. In such cases, the camera detects a face and focuses on the face.
- If the camera cannot detect a person’s face, you cannot use [Eye AF].
- Depending on the circumstances, you cannot use [Eye AF], such as when [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF] or [Manual Focus], etc.
- [Eye AF] may not function in the following situations:
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the front hair covers the person’s eyes.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- When the camera focuses on the eyes and [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [On], a detection frame is displayed on the face after it is displayed on the eyes. When [Smile/Face Detect.] is set to [Off], a detection frame is displayed on the eyes for a certain time.
- You cannot set the [Eye AF] function to [Left Button], [Right Button] or [Down Button].