You can shoot a trailing image of the movement of a subject with long exposure.
BULB is suitable for shooting trails of light, such as fireworks.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Shoot Mode] → [Manual Exposure].
- Press the bottom side of the control wheel to select the shutter speed, then turn the control wheel counterclockwise until [BULB] is indicated.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to adjust the focus.
- Press and hold the shutter button for the duration of the shooting.
As long as the shutter button is pressed, the shutter remains open.
- Since the shutter speed becomes slow and the camera-shake tends to occur more easily, it is recommended that you use a tripod.
- The longer the exposure time, the more noise will be visible on the image.
- After shooting, noise reduction will be done for the same amount of time that the shutter was open. However, you cannot shoot any more while noise reduction is in progress.
- You cannot set the shutter speed to [BULB] in the following situations:
- When the [Smile Shutter] function is activated.
- When the [Auto HDR] function is activated.
- When [Picture Effect] is set to [HDR Painting] or [Rich-tone Mono.].
- When the [Drive Mode] function is set to [Cont. Shooting], [Cont. Bracket], [Self-timer(Cont)].
- Images shot in [BULB] mode tend to be blurry. We recommend that you use a tripod or a remote commander (sold separately) that has a shutter button lock function.