Center Lock-on AF
When you press the center button, the camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and continues to track the subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [On]
Align the target frame (A) over the subject and press in the center of the control wheel. To stop tracking, select MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [Off].
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.
- [Center Lock-on AF] may not function very well in the following situations:
- The subject is moving too quickly.
- The subject is too small, or too large.
- The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- It is dark.
- The ambient light changes.
- Lock-on AF does not work in the following situations:
- In [Sweep Panorama] mode
- When [Scene Selection] is set to [Hand-held Twilight] or [Anti Motion Blur]
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode
- When using the digital zoom
- When the subject to be tracked disappears from the screen, Lock-on AF is released.
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On], the camera may not be able to resume tracking for a while after it loses the track of the subject.