Cleaning the image sensor (Cleaning Mode)
Allows you to clean the image sensor.
- Confirm that the battery has been charged sufficiently.
- MENU →(Setup) → [Cleaning Mode] → [Enter]
- Turn off the product following the instructions on the screen.
- Detach the lens.
- Use the blower to clean the image sensor surface and the surrounding area.
- Attach the lens.
- A blower is not supplied with this product. Use a commercially available blower.
- Cleaning can be performed only when the battery level is(3 remaining battery icons) or more. The use of an AC-PW20 AC Adaptor is recommended.
- Do not use a spray type blower as it may scatter water droplets inside the camera body.
- Do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the lens mount area, so that the tip of the blower does not touch the image sensor.
- Hold the camera slightly face downward so that the dust falls out.
- Do not subject the product to any shock during cleaning.
- When cleaning the image sensor with a blower, do not blow too hard. If you blow the sensor too hard, the inside of the product may be damaged.
- If the dust remains even after you cleaned the product as described, consult the service facility.