You can set the flash mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Flash Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Flash Off:
- The flash does not operate.
- The flash works in dark environments or when shooting towards bright light.
- The flash works every time you trigger the shutter.
- Slow Sync.:
- The flash works every time you trigger the shutter. Slow sync shooting allows you to shoot a clear image of both the subject and the background by slowing the shutter speed.
- Rear Sync.:
- The flash works right before the exposure is completed every time you trigger the shutter. Rear sync shooting allows you to shoot a natural image of the trail of a moving subject such as a moving car or a walking person.
- Using a wireless flash creates a shading effect that gives the subject a more 3D appearance than when using the camera's flash.
This mode is effective when you attach a remote control-compatible external flash (sold separately) to the product, and shoot with a wireless flash (sold separately), placed away from the product.
- High speed synchronization:
- High speed synchronization function (HSS) can be used only when an HSS-capable external flash (sold separately) is attached to the product.
An HSS flash operates by sending multiple small bursts of light at high speed to simulate the effect of one long burst of flash so that you can shoot images with flash at all shutter speeds.
*High speed synchronization function (HSS) is also available during wireless flash shooting.
- The default setting depends on the shooting mode.
- Available flash mode depends on the shooting mode.
- The [Wireless] setting cannot be used with the camera’s internal flash.