Based on the exposure value set by auto exposure, you can make the entire image brighter or darker if you adjust [Exposure Comp.] to the plus side or minus side, respectively (exposure compensation). Normally, exposure is set automatically (auto exposure).
(Exposure Comp.) on the control wheel → press the left/right side of the control wheel or turn the control wheel, and select the desired exposure range.
- You can adjust the exposure in a range of –5.0 EV to +5.0 EV.
- You can adjust the exposure in a range of –2.0 EV to +2.0 EV for movies.
- If you shoot a subject in extremely bright or dark conditions, or when you use the flash, you may not be able to get a satisfactory effect.
- Only a value between –3.0 EV and +3.0 EV with the equivalent image brightness appears on the screen when shooting. If you set an exposure beyond this range, the image brightness on the screen does not show the effect, but it will be reflected in the recorded image.
- When you use [Manual Exposure], you can compensate for the exposure only when [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO].