AF in Focus Mag. (still image)
You can focus on the subject more accurately using auto-focus by magnifying the area where you want to focus. While the magnified image is displayed, you can focus on a smaller area than the flexible spot.
- MENU → (Custom Settings) → [AF in Focus Mag.] → [On].
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Magnifier].
The displayed image will be magnified.
- This function can be assigned to a button of your choice using [Custom Key(Shoot.)].
- The zoom scale can be adjusted by pressing the in the center of the control wheel.
- Adjust the position of focus by pressing the top/bottom/left/right side of the control wheel and press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
- Press the shutter button all the way down to shoot.
- The [AF in Focus Mag.] function is canceled after shooting.
- Use of a tripod is recommended to accurately identify the location you want to magnify.
- You can check the auto-focusing position by magnifying the displayed image. If you want to readjust the position of focus, adjust it on the magnified screen and then press the shutter button halfway down.
- The edges of the screen may be unfocused.
- The exposure and white balance cannot be adjusted while the displayed image is being magnified.
- [AF in Focus Mag.] is unavailable in the following situations:
- In [Sweep Panorama] mode
- In movie mode
- During movie shooting
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF].
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Automatic AF] and the shooting mode is set to other than P/A/S/M.
- When [Focus Mode] is set to [Automatic AF] and [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting].
- When using a Mount Adaptor (sold separately).
- While the displayed image is being magnified, the following functions are unavailable:
- [Eye AF]
- [Center Lock-on AF]
- [Eye-Start AF]
- [Smile/Face Detect.]
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Auto Obj. Framing]