Controlling the camera using an Android smartphone (SSID)
You can control this product using your smartphone by connecting your smartphone to the camera using the SSID and password.
- MENU → (Application) → [Application List] → [Smart Remote Embedded].QR code is displayed on the monitor of this product.
- Press the (Delete) button of this product.This product's SSID and password are displayed on the monitor of this product.
- Launch PlayMemories Mobile on your smartphone.
- Select the model name of this product (DIRECT-xxxx: xxxx).
- Input the password that is displayed on this product.
The smartphone is connected to the product.
- You can shoot an image using remote control while checking the composition of the image on the smartphone screen.
- Radio wave interference may occur as Bluetooth communications and Wi-Fi communications use the same frequency band. If your Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may be improved by turning off the Bluetooth function of the smartphone. If you do this, the location information interlocking function is not available.
- When you record movies using a smartphone as a remote controller, the monitor of the product becomes darker. Also, you cannot use the viewfinder during shooting the still images or movies.