Sets the method for switching the display between Electronic Viewfinder and the screen.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [FINDER/MONITOR] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- When you look into the Electronic Viewfinder, the eye sensor reacts and the display is switched to the Electronic Viewfinder automatically.
- The screen is turned off and the image is displayed only in the Electronic Viewfinder.
- The Electronic Viewfinder is turned off and the image is always displayed on the screen.
You can assign the [FINDER/MONITOR] function to your preferred key.
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key], [Custom Key] or [Custom Key] → set [Finder/Monitor Sel.] to the preferred key.
If you want to retain the Electronic Viewfinder display or the monitor display, set [FINDER/MONITOR] to [Viewfinder(Manual)] or [Monitor(Manual)] beforehand.
You can keep the monitor off when you take your eyes off the Electronic Viewfinder during recording by setting the monitor display to [Monitor Off] using the DISP button. Select MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [DISP Button] → [Monitor] and add a check mark to [Monitor Off] beforehand.
- When the monitor is pulled out, the eye sensor of the camera will not detect your eye approaching even if [FINDER/MONITOR] is set to [Auto]. The image will continue to be displayed on the monitor.