Sets whether to record in APS-C-equivalent size for still images and in Super 35mm-equivalent size for movies. You can use an APS-C-size dedicated lens with this product by recording in an APS-C-equivalent size or Super 35 mm-equivalent size.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [APS-C/Super 35mm] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Sets whether the camera automatically determines the capture range based on the lens. (Auto/Manual)
- Shoot.: Manual:
- Sets whether to record in either an APS-C-equivalent size or Super 35mm-equivalent size when [Shooting] is set to [Manual]. (Off/On)
- If you try to perform full-frame shooting with an APS-C-compatible lens attached, you may not achieve the desired shooting results.
- When APS-C/Super 35 mm shooting is activated, the central part of the image sensor is used and the angle of view is equivalent to that of an APS-C-size image sensor.