Phase Detect. Area
Sets whether or not to display the Phase Detection AF area.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Phase Detect. Area] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Displays the Phase Detection AF area.
- Does not display the Phase Detection AF area.
- Phase Detection AF is available only with compatible lenses. If an incompatible lens is attached, you will be unable to use Phase Detection AF. Phase Detection AF may not operate even with some compatible lens, such as lenses purchased in the past that have not been updated. For details on compatible lenses, visit the Sony web site in your area, or consult your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.
- When shooting images in APS-C size, the Phase Detection AF area will not be displayed.
- When recording movies, the Phase Detection AF area will not be displayed.