Shooting still images
Select the desired shooting mode by turning the mode dial.
- Turn the mode dial while pressing the mode dial lock release button in the center of the mode dial.
Adjust the monitor angle, and hold the camera. Or look through the viewfinder and hold the camera.
When a zoom lens is mounted, enlarge images by rotating the zoom ring.
Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator (such as ) lights up.
Press the shutter button fully down.
To shoot images with the focus locked on the desired subject (Focus-lock)
Shoots images with the focus locked on the desired subject in auto focus mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → [Single-shot AF] or [Automatic AF].
- Place the subject within the AF area and press the shutter button halfway down.
The focus is locked.
- If it is difficult to focus on the desired subject, set [Focus Area] to [Center] or [Flexible Spot].
- Keep pressing the shutter button halfway down, and place the subject back in the original position to re-compose the shot.
- Press the shutter button down fully to take the picture.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting. In [Continuous AF] mode, lights up and the beep indicating that the focus has been achieved does not sound.
- When the subject is moving, you cannot lock the focus even if [Focus Mode] has been set to [Automatic AF].