Center Lock-on AF
When you press the center of the control wheel, the camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and continues to track the subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [On].
- Align the target frame (A) over the subject and press the center of the control wheel.
- Press the center again to stop tracking.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.
- If you assign the [Focus Standard] function to the key of your choice, you can activate [Center Lock-on AF] or detect a subject again by pressing the key when [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Center].
- You can select the subject to be tracked by touch operation when shooting using the monitor. Set [Touch Operation] to [On], and select [Touch Panel+Pad] or [Touch Panel Only] under [Touch Panel/Pad].
- The [Center Lock-on AF] function may not function very well in the following situations:
- The subject is moving too quickly.
- The subject is too small, or too large.
- The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- It is dark.
- The ambient light changes.
- Lock-on AF does not work in the following situations:
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode.
- When using the digital zoom
- When shooting movies with [Record Setting] set to [120p]/[100p]
- When shooting slow/quick motion movies with [Frame Rate] set to [120fps]/[100fps].