AF System (still image)
Sets the focus detection system (Phase Detection AF/Contrast AF) when you attach an A-mount lens using an LA-EA1/LA-EA3 Mount Adaptor (sold separately).
- MENU →(Camera Settings1) → [AF System] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Phase Detection AF:
- Focuses with Phase Detection AF. The focusing speed is faster than in [Contrast AF] mode, but focusing is limited to within the phase detection focus area.
- Contrast AF:
- Always focuses with Contrast AF. You can focus anywhere on the monitor, but the focusing speed is slower than in [Phase Detection AF] mode.
- When [AF System] is set to [Contrast AF], [Continuous AF] under [Focus Mode] is unavailable.
- The following functions are unavailable when [AF System] is set to [Phase Detection AF]:
- [Zone], [Expand Flexible Spot], and [Lock-on AF] in [Focus Area]
- [Center Lock-on AF]
- When [AF System] is set to [Phase Detection AF], [Priority Set in AF-S] will temporarily switch to [AF] even if it is set to [Balanced Emphasis].