On BLUETOOTH communications
- BLUETOOTH wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). Maximum communication range may vary depending on obstacles (human body, metal, wall, etc.) or electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a BLUETOOTH device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this headset and other BLUETOOTH devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital, or a petrol station
- near automatic doors or a fire alarm.
- Do not use the headset on an airplane. Radio waves may affect instruments, causing an accident due to malfunction.
- Due to the characteristic of the wireless technology, the sound played on this headset is delayed from the sound and music played on the sending device. Therefore, the image and sound may be misaligned when viewing a movie or playing a game.
- This headset supports security capabilities that comply with the BLUETOOTH standard to provide a secure connection when the BLUETOOTH wireless technology is used, but security may not be enough depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using BLUETOOTH wireless technology.
- We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during BLUETOOTH communications.
- Connection with all BLUETOOTH devices cannot be guaranteed.
- A device featuring BLUETOOTH function is required to conform to the BLUETOOTH standard specified by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and be authenticated.
- Even if the connected device conforms to the above mentioned BLUETOOTH standard, some devices may not be connected or work correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
- While talking on the phone hands free, noise may occur, depending on the device or communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To minimize the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials.
- Do not place this headset in a place exposed to humidity, dust, soot or steam, or subject to direct sunlight. Do not leave the headset in a car for a long time. It may cause a malfunction.
- Using the BLUETOOTH device may not function on mobile phones, depending on radio wave conditions and location where the device is being used.
- Listening with this headset at high volume may affect your hearing.
- For traffic safety, do not use this headset while driving or cycling.
- Do not put weight or pressure on this headset as it may cause the headset to deform during long storage.
- Do not use the headset in places where it would be dangerous if you are unable to hear ambient sound, such as at railroad crossings, train station platforms, pedestrian crossings, and construction sites.
- Do not subject the headset to excessive shock.
- Clean the headset with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not expose the headset to water. The headset is not waterproof. Remember to follow the precautions below.
- Be careful not to drop the headset into a sink or other container filled with water.
- Do not use the headset in humid locations or bad weather, such as in the rain or snow.
- Do not get the headset wet. If you touch the headset with wet hands, or put the headset in a damp article of clothing, the headset may get wet and this may cause a malfunction of the headset.
- If you experience discomfort after using the BLUETOOTH device, stop using the BLUETOOTH device immediately. Should any problem persist, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Install the earbuds firmly. If an earbud accidentally detaches and is left in your ear, it may cause injury.
- Since children may swallow small parts such as the headset and earbuds, store the headset in the charging case after use and keep it out of the reach of children.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this headset that are not covered in this manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.