Water resistant performance of this headset
- The water resistant specifications(*) of this headset are equivalent to IEC60529 “Degrees of protection against ingress of water (IP Code)” IPX5(**) that specifies as “Degrees of protection against ingress of water.”
- Do not aim pressurized water at internal parts that emit sound, as doing so may compromise waterproof performance.
- Do not drop the headset into water, and do not use underwater.
- Water entering the headset may cause fire, electric shock, or a malfunction.
- The micro-USB port cover is important for maintaining water resistance performance. Make sure the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset. If the cover has any foreign objects on it or is not completely closed, water resistance performance cannot be maintained. In addition, water may get into the headset and cause malfunctions.
Wipe off with a soft dry cloth any water that gets on the headset. If water remains in the earbud holes, the sound may seem low or not be audible at all. In this case, remove the earbuds, face the sound conduit downward, and shake the sound conduit a couple of times.
- Before using the headset, read and understand the following information thoroughly.
Liquids that the water resistant performance specifications apply to
Applicable: fresh water, tap water, sweat
Not applicable: liquids other than those above (Examples: soapy water, detergent water, water with bath agents, shampoo, hot spring water, hot water, pool water, seawater, etc.)
The water resistant performance of the headset is based on our measurements under the conditions described above. Note that malfunctions as a result of water immersion caused by misuse by the customer are not covered by the warranty.
*Make sure that the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset.
**IPX5 (Degrees of protection against jets of water) : The headset will maintain its operability even when exposed to direct jet streams of water from any direction in the situation where that approximately 12.5 L/ min of water is supplied for periods for more than 3 minutes from a distance of about 3 m by using a nozzle with an inner diameter of 6.3 mm.