Update method 2: Manual update via the Internet
When the speaker is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network, the UPDATE indicator on the speaker lights up in orange when the speaker detects a new software version.
In this case, follow the steps below to update the software to the latest version.
When the update starts, any music being played will stop. Also, any BLUETOOTH connection is disconnected.
Preparation for update
Software updates become possible when the speaker is in the following states.
The speaker is connected to the AC outlet with the supplied USB AC adapter.
(Software updates cannot be performed when using with the built-in rechargeable battery.)
The speaker is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network.
- When the UPDATE indicator is lit in orange, press and hold the UPDATE/WPS button until beeps are heard.
When the updating starts, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange.
While updating, the speaker cannot be operated.
The UPDATE indicator turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically when the updating is completed.
When the speaker is turned on for the first time after updating, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange three times.
If the (power) indicator flashes in red and the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange during the update
The update has failed.
Turn off the speaker, then turn it on again. The update will resume. If the situation is not improved after switching the speaker off and on, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE indicator indicates the update’s progress. The UPDATE indicator flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes. It may take longer depending on your network environment.
- Keep the speaker connected to an AC outlet via the USB AC adaptor and network while updating. An update cannot be performed when the speaker is powered by the built-in battery only.
- Software can be updated only when the speaker is connected to an AC outlet via the USB AC adaptor.
- While updating via the Internet, you can terminate the update procedure by holding the UPDATE/WPS button when the UPDATE indicator flashes four times. (This is not always possible.) If you cancel the update, the UPDATE indicator will stay lit again.