Standby mode differences
The speaker is in the standby mode when the (power) indicator lights up in red.
If you press the (power)/ PAIRING button to turn off the speaker, the (power) indicator lights up in red and the speaker enters the standby mode.
BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode
The speaker is in the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode when the (power) indicator lights up in orange.
If the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode is on, the speaker turns on when a BLUETOOTH device or network device is operated. Then, the BLUETOOTH or network connection starts.
When you turn on the speaker in the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode, the start-up time becomes shorter and the speaker will become operational sooner, than when you turn on the speaker in standby mode.
The BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode can be set only when the speaker is connected to an AC outlet via the USB AC adaptor (supplied). With the speaker turned on, press and hold the (power)/ PAIRING button and FUNCTION button until the (power) indicator lights up in orange. The speaker turns off and enters the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode.
Auto standby mode
The speaker automatically enters the standby mode or switches to the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode if the speaker remains in any of the following states for about 15 minutes.
- No operation of the speaker.
- No connect/disconnect operations to the speaker from external devices.
- Music (sound) is not played while connected to an external device.
- The speaker is not connected on BLUETOOTH by HFP.
Power saving mode
If the speaker has been turned off for 30 hours without charging, it will enter the power saving mode, and the (power) indicator will be off. To cancel the power saving mode, press and hold the (power)/ PAIRING button for more than two seconds, or connect the speaker to an AC outlet via the supplied USB AC adaptor and micro-USB cable. It takes about 15 to 30 seconds to start up the speaker after turn on it. If the speaker is in the power saving mode, you cannot connect it to a BLUETOOTH device with One-touch (NFC). To connect with One-touch (NFC), turn on the speaker, and wait until the (power) indicator changes from lit to flashing. Then, touch the device to the speaker.
- In the standby mode, the power consumption of the speaker reduces.
- In BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode, the speaker's start-up time will be shorter.
- The auto standby mode can be turned off by using SongPal.
- The auto standby mode may not work depending on the connecting device during the AUDIO IN function.