Receiving a call
You can enjoy hands-free calls with a BLUETOOTH mobile phone that supports the BLUETOOTH profile HFP (Hands-free Profile).
- Operations may vary depending on the mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with your mobile phone.
About ring tones
The ring tone varies in the following ways, depending on your mobile phone.
- Ring tone set to sound on the speaker
- Ring tone set to sound on the mobile phone
- Ring tone set to sound on the mobile phone only when connected via BLUETOOTH
- Make a BLUETOOTH connection with the mobile phone.
The BLUETOOTH indicator lights up in white when the BLUETOOTH connection is established.
- Press the (call) button to answer a call.
Talk into the microphone of the speaker.
When receiving an incoming call, playback pauses and a ring tone is heard from the speaker.
If no ring tone is heard from the speaker
The mobile phone may not be connected to the speaker with HFP. Make sure the mobile phone is connected via BLUETOOTH.
- Adjust the volume by pressing the –/+ (volume) buttons on the speaker or operating the mobile phone.
When you press the –/+ (volume) buttons on the speaker, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment.
- To end a call, press the (call) button.
Playback will resume (if it is interrupted) when the call ends. If you end a call by operating the BLUETOOTH mobile phone, playback will resume (if it is interrupted) when the call ends.
Depending on the mode of the speaker, playback might not resume. In this case, start playback.
- When answering a call by operating the BLUETOOTH mobile phone, the mobile phone may have a priority depending on the device. While HFP connection is established, switch the call device to the speaker by pressing and holding the (call) button for about two seconds. Alternatively, operate the mobile phone to switch the call device to the speaker.
- If the other party cannot hear or can barely hear your voice, talk more directly into the microphone of the speaker.
- The volume of music playback and calling are set independently in the speaker.
- When you receive a call during a network connection, the network will be disconnected, and reconnect after the call. If the network does not automatically reconnect after the call, connect it.
- Depending on the mobile phone, playback might not pause when receiving a call.
- Use a mobile phone at least 50 cm away from the speaker. Noise may result if the speaker and the mobile phone are too close.
- Depending on the model of your smartphone, the operation system or applications installed, some functions of hands-free calling may not be used correctly.