Listening to music on a Xperia compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats
You can connect a Xperia compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to the speaker with an optional cable for Xperia.
The speaker receives unconverted digital audio data, which is converted to analog data through the digital-to-analog converter of the speaker before being output.
- Connect the Xperia compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to the USB port.
- Press the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the USB indicator lights up.
The speaker enters the USB mode.
- Operate the Xperia compatible with High-Resolution Audio formats to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- Press the –/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you press the –/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- The speaker supports only audio playback functions of Xperia.
- Sony is not responsible for any loss or damage to data in an Xperia that is connected to the speaker.
- The Xperia cannot be operated from the speaker.
- The sound may be distorted if the equalizer function of the Xperia is set to on. In this case, set the function to off.