Listening to music of a portable audio device, etc.
You can use the speaker as an ordinary wired speaker system by connecting a portable audio device, etc., using an audio cable (not supplied).
- Connect the speaker to the device using an audio cable.
For connection, use the cable that has a stereo mini plug at both ends.
- Turn on the speaker.
The (power) indicator lights up in green.
- Turn on the connected device.
- Start playback on the connected device and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- Press the –/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you press the –/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once in green. When you set the volume to the maximum or minimum, the (power) indicator flashes three times.
- The speaker turns off automatically by the auto power off function when the speaker satisfies the following conditions for 15 minutes, and the BLUETOOTH connection is terminated.
- No operation on the speaker.
- No BLUETOOTH connection has been established between the speaker and a smartphone or mobile via HFP/ HSP.
HFP and HSP are types of BLUETOOTH profiles.
HSP (Headset Profile): Allows calling/cellular phone operation.
HFP (Hands-Free Profile): Allows hands-free calling/cellular phone operation.
- No music (sound) is played when the speaker is connected to a BLUETOOTH device.
- If you connect an audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack, the output from the device connected to the AUDIO IN jack has priority, and you will not hear the sound from the BLUETOOTH device. The (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up or flashes in white to indicate the BLUETOOTH status. Absence of sound from the BLUETOOTH device does not indicate any trouble with the speaker.
- If the BLUETOOTH connection is active, you can use the hands-free function while listening to music of a portable audio device, etc. that is connected to the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack.