Connecting to an AC outlet
The speaker can be operated by connecting it to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor (supplied) or built-in battery (rechargeable).
When using the speaker for the first time, be sure to charge the battery for more than 1 hour before turning on the power.
You can operate the speaker by battery instead of the AC adaptor by charging the speaker before use.
- Connect the supplied AC adaptor to the DC IN 9.5V jack.
- Plug the AC adaptor to an AC outlet.
Charging starts and the CHARGE indicator lights up in orange. Charging is completed in about 4 hours*1 and the indicator turns off. Once the battery is fully charged, it will not be charged further even if the speaker is kept connected to an AC outlet.
*1 Time that is required to charge the empty battery to its full capacity when the speaker turns off.
Battery life (when using the BLUETOOTH connection)
About 24 hours*2.
The time stated above may vary depending on ambient temperature or conditions of use.
*2When the specified music source is used, the BLUETOOTH device is set to the maximum volume, the volume level of the speaker is set to 19, and the lighting function of the speaker turns off. If the volume level of the speaker is set to maximum, the usage life will be approx. 4 hours.
Checking the battery level of the rechargeable battery
After pressing or holding the (call) button for more than 3 seconds to check the battery power during the speaker is turned on, the voice guidance “Fully charged/About 70%/About 50%/About 20%/Please charge” outputs from the speaker.
When the battery is running low
- When the voice guidance says “Please charge” and the CHARGE indicator flashes slowly in orange, the battery is running low and needs to be charged. In this state, the speaker cannot supply power to other devices.
- If the voice guidance says “Please charge” and the CHARGE indicator flashes 3 times in orange and goes off when you turn on the speaker, the battery is empty and needs to be charged.
- A speaker that is in use can be charged if it is connected to an AC outlet though the CHARGE indicator does not light up. In this case, it may take longer to charge the battery compared to when the speaker is turned off depending on the conditions of use. Therefore, it is recommended that you turn off the speaker when charging.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to an AC outlet. If you want to use the speaker while charging, lower the volume of the speaker. Otherwise, turn off the speaker and charge the battery sufficiently.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume for a long time, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to an AC outlet. As a result, sound becomes low. This is not a malfunction. Turn off the speaker and charge the battery sufficiently.
- When you switch the power source between an AC outlet and battery by connecting/disconnecting the AC adaptor, the speaker may stop sound output for a short while. This is not a malfunction.
- The maximum power output will be lower when the battery is running low.
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery sufficiently once every 6 months to maintain its performance.
- In an extremely cold or hot environment, charging stops for safety. If charging takes a long time, it also makes charging of the speaker stop. In these conditions, the CHARGE indicator keeps flashing in orange quickly, but this is not a malfunction. To resolve these issues, disconnect the AC adaptor and connect it again within the operating temperature between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).
- Do not charge in places where water may splash.