Listening to music on a PC via a network (Media Go with SongPal operation)
You can share music on your PC (server function) with the free application Media Go installed on your PC.
You can listen to music on your PC from the speaker via a Wi-Fi network by using the SongPal installed on your smartphone, iPhone, etc. as a DLNA controller.
Install or update the latest version of Media Go on your PC beforehand.
Access the following website to download the application. You may have to pay a communication fee, depending on your Internet contract.
For customers in Europe:
For customers in the USA:
For customers in Canada:
For customers in other countries/regions:
For details how to install the application, follow the instructions on the website.
The specification and design of the application may change without notice.
- Connect the speaker, a PC and a smartphone, iPhone, etc. with SongPal installed to the same network.
Connect the speaker, the PC and the smartphone, iPhone, etc. to the same SSID of the wireless router.
The LINK indicator lights up in orange or pink when the speaker is connected to your network.
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the NETWORK indicator lights up.
The speaker enters the NETWORK mode.
- Start [Media Go] installed on the PC.
- Select [Preferences...] from the [Tools] menu.
- Select [Media Sharing] on the [Preferences...] screen.
- Check [Library name] of [Media Sharing].
You can change [Library name] to any name.
Make sure that a check mark is in all three items of [Media Sharing].
- Start up SongPal to select music on the PC.
Tap [SongPal] on your smartphone, iPhone, etc.
- Tap [SRS-ZR5].
- Tap [Home Network].
- Tap the library name checked in step from the server list that appeared on the screen.
- Tap [Music], then select a song from the list, and start playback.
The playback of the videos and photos are not supported.
The selected song will be heard from the speaker.
- Adjust the volume using SongPal.
- To listen to music on x-app, register the x-app music in the library of Media Go then play back via Media Go. For details, refer to the help guide of Media Go.
- Before listening to music, connect your smartphone, iPhone, etc. installed with SongPal to the same network as used by the speaker and PC.
- The speaker can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and DSD format files (only AAC files with the extension “.m4a,” “.mp4,” or “.3gp” are playable). Even if the bit rate and file format are supported, the playing back of all files is not guaranteed. There may be a specification change.
- Files with DRM (Digital Rights Management) copyright protection cannot be played on the speaker. To check if a WMA file is protected by DRM, right-click the file on the PC. If there is a [License] tab, the file is DRM-copyrighted.
- When you listen to music via a home network, it may take some time to start, since each DLNA-compatible device has to recognize the component currently used.
- Some content may not be playable with DLNA certified products.