Update method 1: Automatic update via the Internet
When you use the speaker while connected to the Internet via a wired or Wi-Fi network, the speaker can update to the latest software automatically.
This feature is disabled by default.
Preparation for update
Software updates become possible when the speaker is in the following states.
The speaker is connected to the Internet via a wired or Wi-Fi network.
To update software automatically
- Launch SongPal on your smartphone, iPhone, etc., and set on [System] in the [Settings] menu.
The automatic software update feature ([Auto Update]) of the speaker is activated. If [Auto Update] is disabled, change the setting to enable.
- The update is performed when you are not using the speaker, such as during midnight or when the speaker is in standby mode. During an update, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange, and turns off when the update is complete. When the speaker is turned on for the first time after updating, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange three times.
To deactivate the software automatic update
- Disable [Auto Update] in the [Settings] menu by using SongPal installed on a smartphone, iPhone, etc.
- However, the software may still be updated automatically for critical changes, even if you disable this function.
If the indicator and the button flash as explained in the following
- The (power) indicator flashes in red and the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange.
The software update has failed.
If the network connection is not reliable, the update may fail before it completes. See the following to update using a USB flash drive.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE indicator indicates the update’s progress. The UPDATE indicator flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- When the speaker is connected to the Internet via a wired or Wi-Fi network, the UPDATE indicator on the speaker lights up in orange when the speaker detects a new software version. (The UPDATE indicator is usually turned off.)
- Regardless of the [Auto Update] setting, the UPDATE indicator lights up in orange when the speaker detects a new software version.
- You can update the software manually even when the [Auto Update] setting is activated. See "Update method 2: Manual update via the Internet."
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes. It may take longer depending on your network environment.
- Do not operate the speaker during an update. Also, keep the speaker connected to the power supply and network while updating.
- While updating via the Internet, you can terminate the update procedure by pressing the UPDATE/WPS button when the UPDATE indicator flashes four times. (This is not always possible.) If you cancel the update, the UPDATE indicator will stay lit again.