Recovering from the Recovery Area
You can recover your VAIO computer from the recovery area on the built-in storage device. This recovery method is faster than using Recovery Media.
See Notes on Recovery before recovering the computer.
- Press the ASSIST button while your VAIO computer is off.
The VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) screen appears.
- Select Start troubleshooting (recovery).
Follow the on-screen instructions until the Choose an option screen appears.
- Select Troubleshoot and VAIO recovery solutions.
Follow the on-screen instructions until the VAIO Care (Rescue Mode): VAIO recovery solutions screen appears.
- Select Start recovery wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language, then OK.
To perform custom recovery, select Tools and Start advanced recovery wizard.