Restoring System Files Using the Restore Point when You cannot Start Windows
When you cannot start Windows, follow these steps to restore computer system files.
- Insert Recovery Media (optical discs) into the optical disc drive or connect a USB flash drive to the USB port on your VAIO computer while the computer is in Normal mode.
- Turn off your VAIO computer.
- Press the ASSIST button to display the VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) screen and select Start from media (USB device/optical disc).
Follow the on-screen instructions until the Choose an option screen appears.
- Select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and System Restore.
- Select your operating system.
The System Restore window appears.
- Select Next.
- Select a restore point and Next.
The confirmation window of the selected restore point appears.
- Select Finish to confirm the restore point.
Your VAIO computer restarts after system files are restored.