Switching from a Local Account to a Microsoft Account
In Windows 8, you can switch between a local account and a Microsoft account.
By switching from a local account to a Microsoft account, you can download apps from Windows Store.
To create or switch to a Microsoft account, follow these steps.
- Open the charms and select theSettings charm. (See Opening the Charms to open the charms.)
- Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
- Select Users in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
- Select Switch to a Microsoft account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
To switch to a local account, select Switch to a local account in step 4 instead of Switch to a Microsoft account.
If you forget your Microsoft account password, contact Microsoft support services.