Creating/Changing/Removing Your Windows Password
Setting a Windows password allows you to protect your VAIO computer from unauthorized access by requiring password entry when the computer is turned on or returns from power saving mode to Normal mode.
Refer to Windows Help and Support (Opening Windows Help and Support) for more information on the Windows password.
- Open the charms and select theSettings charm. (See Opening the Charms to open the charms.)
- Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
- Select Users in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
- Select Create a password or Change your password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your password.
Do not forget your password. Write down the password and keep it in a secure place.
You can enter a hint in order to recall your password if you forget it. You can also create a password reset disc that can be used to create a new password. Refer to Windows Help and Support (Opening Windows Help and Support) for more information on the Windows password.