Restoring System Files Using the Restore Point when You cannot Start Windows
When you cannot start Windows, follow these steps to restore computer system files.
If you use Recovery Media (optical discs) on the model without a built-in optical disc drive, connect an external optical disc drive (not supplied) to your VAIO computer. See Connecting an External Drive for more information on how to connect the external optical disc drive.
If an AC adapter or a power cable is supplied, plug it into a power source.
- Insert Recovery Media (optical discs) into the optical disc drive or connect a USB flash drive to the USB port on your VAIO computer while the computer is in Normal mode.
- Turn off your VAIO computer.
- Press the ASSIST button to display the VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) screen and select Start from media (USB device/optical disc).
Follow the on-screen instructions until the Choose an option screen appears.
- Select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and System Restore.
- Select your operating system.
The System Restore window appears.
- Select Next.
- Select a restore point and Next.
The confirmation window of the selected restore point appears.
- Select Finish to confirm the restore point.
Your VAIO computer restarts after system files are restored.