You can select the frame rate to be used to record XAVC S movies or AVCHD movies. Using 60i(*) or 50i(**) is recommended for standard recording. Set [Frame Rate] first, before setting [REC Mode].
- - [Image Quality/Size] - [Frame Rate] - desired setting.
- Available frame rate settings vary depending on the recording format. See the following.
Available frame rate settings
- XAVC S HD:
- 30p(*)/25p(**)(default setting)
- 60i(*)/50i(**) (default setting)
Descriptions of menu items
- 60i(*)/50i(**) (default setting):
- This is an ordinary setting for recording AVCHD movies.
- You can record movies with a data volume twice that of 60i(*) or 50i(**) per unit time. When you play a movie recorded with this setting on a TV, the TV must be compatible with 60p(*) or 50p(**) movie playback and you have to set [HDMI Resolution] to 1080p.
- It is recommended that you use a tripod when recording movies with this setting.
* 1080 60i-compatible device
** 1080 50i-compatible device
- The media that the recorded images can be saved on will depend on the setting of [REC Mode].