USB Connect Setting
You can set the USB transfer mode for connecting this product to a computer or other USB device.
- - [Setup] - [Connection] - [USB Connect Setting] - desired setting.
Descriptions of menu items
- Auto (default setting):
- This product automatically selects the USB transfer mode depending on the connected device.
- This is a USB transfer mode compatible with certain types of computers.
- Mass Storage:
- This is a USB transfer mode compatible with many types of USB devices.
- When this product is connected to an external device in the [MTP] mode, image files will be displayed with the recorded date, however, some information included in the image files cannot be displayed on the connected device. To import images from this product to your computer, use the PlayMemories Home software.
If the “Device Stage*” window does not open when you connect this product to a computer equipped with Windows 7 or Windows 8, set [USB Connect Setting] to [Auto].
*“Device Stage” is a menu of Windows 7 or Windows 8, that is used to manage devices (camcorder, camera, etc.) that are connected to the computer.