Searching for songs
You can quickly search a song by artist, genre, etc.
- On the music playback screen or the list screen, display the option menu and select (Search) - desired search method - desired song.
- “The” at the beginning of artist names is ignored when arranging the [Artist] list.
- The [All Songs], [Album], [Artist] and [Genre] lists are arranged in alphanumeric order. The [Release Year] list is arranged in reverse chronological order. In the [Folder] list, folders are displayed in name order first, then files are displayed in name order. Upper and lower case letters are not distinguished.
You can search for songs from [All Songs], [Album], [Artist], [Genre], [Release Year], [Playlists], [Bookmark], [Folder] or [Received Songs].
[Hi-Res] will be added to the search methods when you update the system software of your Walkman to version 1.10 or later.
- [Playlists] are created by using software like Media Go. For information on how to create a playlist, refer to the Help of your software.
- [Folder] does not include the songs received using the Bluetooth function.
- The [Received Songs] list contains songs received using the Bluetooth function and the pre-installed sample data.
- To search for a song stored on [System Storage] or [SD Card], select the memory to search in [Folder] or [Received Songs].