In dark environments, use the flash to light up the subject while shooting and to prevent camera-shake. When shooting against the sun, use the flash to lighten the image of the backlit subject.
Press the (Flash pop-up) slide switch to pop up the flash.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
When you do not use the flash
When not using the flash, press it back into the camera body.
- If you fire the flash before the flash unit pops up entirely, it may cause malfunction.
- You cannot use the flash when recording movies.
- While charging the flash, flashes. After charging is completed, the flashing icon will light up.
- When shooting with the flash and the zoom is set to W, the shadow of the lens may appear on the screen, depending on the shooting conditions. If this happens, shoot away from the subject or set the zoom to T and shoot with the flash again.
- When the screen is tilted upward more than 90 degrees, it is difficult to operate the (Flash pop-up) switch. Raise the flash unit before adjusting the screen angle.
- When using flash to shoot pictures of yourself, be careful not to look directly at the light, because the flash will go off at a close distance.