On charging the battery pack
- Charge the battery pack (supplied) before using the camera for the first time.
- You can charge the battery pack even if it is not completely discharged. In addition, even if the battery pack is not fully charged, you can use the partially charged capacity of the battery pack as is.
- We recommend charging the battery pack in an ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 86°F). The battery pack may not be effectively charged in temperatures outside this range.
Effective use of the battery pack
- Battery performance decreases in low temperature surroundings. So in cold places, the operational time of the battery pack is shorter. We recommend the following to ensure longer battery pack use:
Put the battery pack in a pocket close to your body to warm it up, and insert it in the camera immediately before you start shooting. (If there are any metal objects such as keys in your pocket, be aware of short-circuits.)
- The battery pack will run out quickly if you use zoom frequently.
- We recommend having spare battery packs handy for two times or three times the expected shooting time, and making trial shots before taking the actual shots.
- Do not expose the battery pack to water. The battery pack is not water-resistant.
- Do not leave the battery pack in extremely hot places, such as in a car or under direct sunlight.
- You may not be able to turn on the camera or the battery pack may not be effectively charged if the terminal section of the battery is dirty. In this case, wipe any dust off lightly using a soft cloth or a cotton swab to clean the battery.
Remaining battery charge
- A remaining charge indicator appears on the screen.
- It takes about 1 minute until the correct remaining charge indicator appears.
- The remaining charge indicator may not be correct under certain circumstances.
- If you do not operate the camera for a certain period of time while the power is on, the camera turns off automatically. (Auto power-off function)
- If the battery remaining charge is not displayed, change the DISP (Display Setting).
How to store the battery pack
- Fully discharge the battery pack before storing and store the camera in a cool, dry place. To maintain the battery pack’s function, charge the battery pack and then fully discharge it in the camera at least once a year while storing.
- To prevent staining the terminal, short-circuiting, etc., be sure to use a plastic bag, etc. to keep away from metal materials when carrying or storing.
On battery life
- Battery life is limited. Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated use. If the available time of the battery is shortened significantly, it is probably time to replace it with a new one.
- Battery life varies according to how it is stored and operating conditions and environment in which each battery pack is used.
Compatible battery pack
The NP-BN (supplied) or NP-BN1 (sold separately) can be used with this model.