Shooting still images
Shoots still images.
Set the shooting mode to (Auto Mode).
- Adjust the monitor angle, and hold the camera. Or look through the viewfinder and hold the camera.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator () lights up.
- The shortest shooting distance is approximately 5 cm (0.16 ft) (W), 30 cm (0.98 ft) (T) (from the lens).
- Press the shutter button fully down.
Image is in the focus.
The focusing has failed.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting.
- Focusing may be difficult in the following situations:
- It is dark and the subject is distant.
- The contrast of the subject is poor.
- The subject is seen through glass.
- The subject is moving quickly.
- There is reflective light or shiny surfaces.
- There is a flashing light.
- The subject is backlit.