When it is difficult to get the proper focus in autofocus mode, you can adjust the focus manually. The setting applies to both still images and movies.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Mode] → [Manual Focus].
Rotate the control ring to achieve sharp focus.
- When you rotate the control ring, the focus distance is displayed on the screen.
- Press the shutter button fully down to take the picture.
- When you use the viewfinder, adjust the diopter level to obtain the correct focus on the viewfinder.
- If you re-select the [Focus Mode], any focus distance that you set manually will be canceled.