Access Point Set.
You can register your access point manually. Before starting the procedure, check the SSID name of the access point, security system, and password. The password may be preset in some devices. For details, see the access point operating instructions, or consult the access point administrator.
- MENU → (Wireless) → [Access Point Set.].
- Select the access point you want to register.
When the desired access point is displayed on the screen: Select the desired access point.
When the desired access point is not displayed on the screen: Select [Manual Setting] and set the access point.
*For the input method, refer to “How to use the keyboard.”
- If you select [Manual Setting], input the SSID name of the access point, then select the security system.
- Input the password, and select [OK].
- Access points without themark do not require a password.
- Select [OK].
How to use the keyboard
When manual character entry is required, a keyboard is displayed on the screen.
- Input box
- The characters you entered are displayed.
- Switch character types
- Each time you press in the center of the control wheel, the character type will switch between alphabet letters, numerals and symbols.
- Each time you press in the center, the characters corresponding to that key will be displayed one-by-one in order.
For example: If you want to enter “abd”
Select the key for “abc” and press once to display “a” → select “”((5) Move cursor) and press → select the key for “abc” and press twice to display “b” → select the key for “def” and press once to display “d”.
- Finalizes the entered characters.
- Move cursor
- Moves the cursor in the input box to the right or left.
- Deletes the character preceding the cursor.
- Switches the next character to a capital or lowercase letter.
- Enters a space.
- To cancel input, select [Cancel].
Other setting items
Depending on the status or the setting method of your access point, you may want to set more items.
Displays the PIN code you enter into the connected device.
Select [On] or [Off].
IP Address Setting:
Select [Auto] or [Manual].
If you are entering the IP address manually, enter the set address.
Subnet Mask/Default Gateway:
When you set [IP Address Setting] to [Manual], enter the IP address to match your network environment.
- To give the registered access point priority, set [Priority Connection] to [On].